Lenovo K3 Note is one of the best smartphones of the company. The device was launched long back in 2015 with a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio, and an Asahi Dragontrail Glass protection. It is powered by a 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 Octa-core CPU-based Mediatek MT6752 (28 nm) Chipset and Mali-T760MP2 GPU.
In-camera, there’s a 13-MP rear camera and a 5-MP single front-facing camera. The device packs a 3,000 mAh battery and runs Android v5.2 Lollipop out of the box. However, it bumped to Android 6.0 Marshmallow within a few months after its official launch. In this post, we will guide you in the process of downloading and install the Lenovo K3 Note’s Official Marshmallow Firmware Update.
Like all the other smartphones, the Firmwares of Lenovo K3 Note can be downloaded and installed very easily. Before going ahead into the main part of the article, we will look at the Prerequisites.
- Keep your Lenovo K3 Note with yourself
- To do this process, you need a Windows Laptop or a PC
- A USB cable is mandatory to connect your mobile to a PC and copy the files
- Take a backup of your existing data
- Charge your phone up to 70%
- Download the K3 Note’s Marshmallow 6.0 ROM zip file
- USB Drivers and other files
Make sure to follow all the Prerequisites before doing this operation.
How to flash Marshmallow 6.0 ROM via mobile?
- At first, download the required file from the link that is provided in Prerequisites.
- After downloading, copy the files to the SD card on your smartphone.
- Power off your device and navigate to Recovery mode by holding the volume up + down and the power button together.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and also Wipe cache partition after doing that.
- Go back to the main menu and select the “apply update from external SD card” option.
- Now, navigate to the copied zip file and select it to install.
- Wait for some time until the OTA update gets installed successfully.
- After installing, go back to the main menu and tap on the reboot system now option.
Hola! You have successfully installed the Marshmallow 6.0 official ROM on your Lenovo K3 Note manually. It may take some time to start as we have initially installed the OTA file.
How to flash Marshmallow 6.0 ROM via PC?
- Download all the necessary files from the links provided in the prerequisites.
- Now, Install the Lenovo USB and ADB drivers.
- Open the SP flash tool and select Scatter-loading.
- Navigate to Downloaded ROM (name)>SW>target_bin and open MT6752_Android_Scatter.
- Now, power off your smartphone and click on download in the SP flash tool.
- It generally takes a few minutes for the completion of the process.
- After completion, your device will wake and enter all the necessary information.
Hiya! You have successfully installed the Marshmallow 6.0 ROM via PC.
Go ahead with this operation only if you know the manual installation process perfectly. If you have not followed the process correctly, you may encounter a few errors, and there’s a chance of the device brick. So, please kindly think twice before doing this kind of operation. If you face any issues while undergoing this operation, please let us know in the comment section below.
Note: We are not responsible for any kind of damages.
UP Next: Best Custom ROM’s for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.