OnePlus Nord is the Company’s first smartphone at an affordable price tag of Rs. 24,999 for the starting model. The rear camera of the smartphone is dragged directly from the OnePlus 8 series itself. However, the smartphone looks very pretty from the front as well as back. Everyone smartphone will be facing crashing or slow issues, to get rid of this most of them will be resetting their device. Here’s are the full steps to Hard & Factory reset your OnePlus Nord smartphone.
What is Reset?
In simple words, Reset means erasing your mobile content and setting it back as a new one. All the Applications, Media files, and everything will be erased on your mobile by doing this operation. As everything will be reset, you will experience a new fresh & fast user interface.
Advantages of Reset
There might be many reasons for performing a reset. However, a few advantages are mentioned below.
- To increase the smartphone performance by removing all the old files.
- Space in your mobile gets cleared completely.
- The device runs smoothly in a new condition.
Disadvantages of Reset
There will be many disadvantages when you reset your mobile. All the disadvantages are mentioned below.
- All the stored data will be erased & you will not get them back.
- It is a risky process, and in some cases, it may fail (beginners).
Related: How to Hard Reset Realme Narzo 10.
Types of Reset
In general, there are two types of resets for cleaning a mobile i.e
- Hard Reset
- Factory Reset
What is Hard Reset?
In general, Hard Reset means cleaning the entire storage (memory) of the device. After doing this operation, all the components of hardware are reinitialized.
What is Factory Reset?
In other words, the factory reset is also known as the master reset. It is generally performed to restore the system’s original software by erasing all settings, apps & data. The other reason behind doing a Factory Reset is to remove bugs and experience new software features after updating the software.
By resetting a device, you will be losing the entire data. So, think twice before doing resetting your mobile. Otherwise, backup all the data before resetting a mobile.
How to Factory Reset OnePlus Nord?
- Navigate to Settings on your mobile.
- Now, tap on Backup & Reset.
- If you wish to backup your data, then backup or else ignore this step.
- After that, tap on Erase All Content & Settings and enter your mobile password if it asks.
- Please wait for some time until it gets completed.
Hola! You have successfully reset your OnePlus Nord. Now, enter all the required information and start using your device back again.
How to Hard Reset OnePlus Nord?
Hard Reset is entirely different from Factory Reset. It is a bit harder way to reset a mobile to its default settings. Follow the below-mentioned steps for doing this operation.
- Power off your device.
- Wait for a few seconds and hold Volume Up + Power buttons until you see the OnePlus logo.
- After some time, a few options will be displayed on the screen. Now, enter into recovery mode by selecting the option using volume up and down keys.
- Tap on wipe data option.
- An alert messaging will be displayed showing wipe all user data? – select yes and confirm.
- Wait for some time until the operation gets complete.
- After completion, go back to the main menu and Reboot your smartphone.
Follow all the above steps to reset your device carefully without facing any issue. If you still face a problem while resetting it, please let us know it in the comments section below.
Note: Do all the operations at your own risk, we are not responsible for any damages.
OnePlus Nord Quick Specs
- 6.44-inch Fluid AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G (7 nm) Chipset
- Quad rear camera
- 32-MP + 8-MP dual selfie camera
- Android 10 based OxygenOS 10.0
- 4,115 mAh battery