Welcome to our site. In this guide, we will learn how to check if a Disk uses GPT or MBR partition style. In general, There are two types of partitions, i.e., MBR and GPT. Some systems use the MBR partition style, and some systems use the GPT partition style.
Also, Check out:- How to get Icecream screen recorder pro free for a lifetime
The partition style plays a significant role when installing Windows. If your disk is MBR, if you try to install GPT style, it doesn’t work. So, Instead of doing that, read this article entirely and check your partition style.
There are two methods for checking your partition style i.e
- Using the Disk Management Tool.
- Using Command Prompt.
Method 1:- Using the Disk Management Tool.
At first, we will check the partition style using the Disk Management Tool. Below are a few steps for checking partition style using the Disk Management Tool. Please follow every step correctly.
- At first, Run command windows on your PC/Laptop.
- In the command box type ‘diskmgmt.msc‘ and hit enter.
Disk management will be opened
- Right-click with the mouse on Disk 0 (Dynamic) and click properties.
- In the properties, Navigate to the volumes tab.
- And there you can see your partition style, whether it is MBR or GPT.
Method 2:- Using the Command Prompt.
This method will check the partition style using Command Prompt by entering a few basic commands. Below are a few steps for checking partition style using the Command Prompt. Please follow every step correctly.
- Open the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type ‘diskpart’ and then hit enter.
- After that, Type ‘list disk‘ and hit enter
If you get start mark(*) under GPT, then your partition style is GPT, and if you don’t get start mark(*) under GPT, then your partition type is MBR.
These are the two methods for checking if a Disk uses GPT or MBR partition style. If you face any problems, then please let us know in the comment section below.
Also, Check out:- How to install our required Apps on any Android TV.