Are you bored using the regular default ROM and looking forward to install the TWRP and Root Mi 10/10 Pro using Magisk? If yes then you are at the right place. Below are a few steps through which you can install TWRP and Root Mi 10/10 Pro using Magisk. Make sure to follow each and every step carefully without any interrupts.
Related: How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
Xiaomi has launched Mi 10 & Mi 10 Pro earlier this year. Both the devices sport a 6.7-inch display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution. Coming to the processor, the devices are powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) processor coupled with an Octa-core processor and Adreno 650 GPU. In terms of price, the price of the Mi 10 Pro is a bit higher than Mi 10. However, let’s see how to Install TWRP Recovery and root Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro.
Before moving ahead with the process, make sure to follow the below things.
- Unlock the bootloader of Mi 10/10 Pro [Guide]
- TWRP Recovery image -> Mi 10 | Mi 10 Pro
- Minimal ADB
- Make sure to take a backup of your important data before proceeding.
- Make sure your device is at least 70-80% charged
- Enable the USB debugging and OEM unlocking from the developer options.
How to install TWRP in Mi 10/10 Pro
1. At first, copy the downloaded TWRP recovery files into the ADB and Fastboot folder.
2. Now, connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
3. After connecting, open your ADB and Fastboot folder by pressing Shift + Right-click buttons to open “Command Prompt’ or ‘PowerShell Windows’.
4. Now, type the following command
5. Type the following command and hit enter.
fastboot Flash Recovery [recoveryname].img
6. If you only want to Flash stock vbmeta then enter the below command and hit enter (optional).
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
7. The system will boot in a temporary TWRP. (Note: You need to select the “Recovery Mode” with the power button to boot in TWRP.)
6. After that, type the below command to restart your device.
Your device will be rebooted & it takes some time to open it up.
These are the steps for installing TWRP recovery mode on Mi 10/Mi 10 Pro without any issue. We hope you have installed it successfully.
Steps to Root Mi 10/10 Pro
1. At first, copy the downloaded Magdisk Manager file into internal storage or external storage.
2. Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing the Volume down and power button until the Mi logo appears.
3. After that, select the Recovery Mode by pressing the Power Button.
4. Select Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Cache Data.
5. Now, locate the copied Magdisk Manager file and select Install and flash [Magisk filename].zip.
6. Reboot your device.
Your device will be rebooted & it takes some time to open it up. After opening, install the Magdisk Manager APK.
We hope you have successfully rooted the Mi 10/10 Pro by following our guide. If you face any issue while flashing the TWRP or rooting the device, then do let us know in the comments section below.