The BBK owned OnePlus has started seeding out the August 2020 Security Patch update for OnePlus and OnePlus 8 Pro. The update for Indian markets is rolling out as OxygenOS 10.5.13 version, and the European markets are getting the update as 10.5.12 Build number.
According to the changelog, the update features the August 2020 Patch, bug fixes for known/reported issues, and a few more improvements to the system. Apart from these, the company has not added any new features reportedly.
The update brings fixes for display overlapping character issue with the ambient display and other known problems. It also fuels with front camera shooting effects optimizations. As of now, the update is rolling out limitedly, and already many of them have started experiencing it. To check the update manually, follow the below steps.
Update Key Details
- Device Name: OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- Android Version: 10
- Firmware version: 10.5.13, 10.5.12
- Security Patch Level: August 2020
How to update?
- At first, Open your smartphone and navigate to Settings.
- Now, head to Software updates and check for the updates.
If you have received the update, then update your smartphone for a better/new experience. Otherwise, don’t get panic and wait until you get the update.
- Make sure to maintain at least 60% of charging before updating.
- Switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.