The BBK owned Realme has released the July 2020 Security Patch update for Realme X50 Pro. Recently, a similar update is released for a bunch of smartphones in different regions. The list includes Realme X, XT, 5 Pro, X2 Pro, 6, 6 Pro, and many more. The update is hitting all the devices as the RMX2076PU_11.A.31 Firmware version and it is currently limited to India only.
Moving to the Changelog, the update adds the latest Security Patch, new add-ons, Optimizations and bug fixes for well-known issues. It brings fixes for WhatsApp video call scene, uneven volume change issue, lower volume issue, and NFC file transfer ringing issue. The new add-ons include the PaySa app, 5G Switch toggles, and the Autoplay feature. The complete Changelog of this update is as follows.
● Android Security Patch: July, 2020
● Added realme PaySa
● Fixed the display issue of WhatsApp video call scene
● Added 5G Switch toggles of notification panel
● Added Autoplay feature
● Optimized flight mode, Bluetooth status will not be affected after flight mode is turned on
● Optimized the transparency of swipe back gesture style
● Optimized the default brightness adjustment mechanism in Power Saving Mode
● Optimized the turn off automatically mechanism when charged in Power Saving Mode
● Optimized network performance to improve stability
● Optimized the power consumption issue of PUBG
● Optimized the heating issue of games
● Fixed the uneven volume change issue of the first few levels when connected to Bluetooth headset.
● Fixed the lower volume issue when connected to Airpods/Enco Free
● Fixed the NFC file transfer ringing issue after changing NFC notification sound
The company says that the update is being rolled out in phases and it will be available for all the users within a week. As of now, the OTA file of the update is not released. However, we will be updating the article after the release. Meanwhile, follow the below steps to check the update manually.
How to update?
In case, if the update is available to your Realme X50 Pro then you will be notified automatically. If you wish to check the update status manually, follow the below steps.
- Open Settings and navigate to Software updates
- Now, Check for updates
Realme X50 Pro Specifications
The smartphone was launched back in early 2020 with a 6.44-inch display (1080 x 2400 pixels) and the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 90Hz refresh rate. It powers the Octa-core processor based Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Chipset coupled with Adreno 650 GPU.
In terms of camera, there’s a quad rear camera setup and a 32-MP + 8-MP dual front-facing camera. The device is available in 6/8/12GB RAM and 128/256 GB of internal storage. It packs with a 4,200 mAh battery with Fast charging support up to 65W.