The Network carrier-based smartphones don’t receive updates fastly in comparison with normal devices. However, Verizon based devices are getting the available updates every month. Recently, Galaxy A01, Google Pixel devices have got the July 2020 Security Patch update. Galaxy J3 (3rd Gen.), J3 V (3rd Gen.), J7 (2nd Gen.), J7 V (2nd Gen.) are the latest devices to taste a similar update.
- Galaxy J3 (3rd Gen.) – PPR1.180610.011.J337VPPVRU7BTG2
- Galaxy J3 V (3rd Gen.) – PPR1.180610.011.J337VVRU7BTG2
- Galaxy J7 (2nd Gen.) – PPR1.180610.011.J737VPPVRU7BTG2
- Galaxy J7 V (2nd Gen.) – PPR1.180610.011.J737VVRU7BTG2
The update features the latest Security Patch [July 2020], fixes for known issues, enhancements, and improvements to increase the smartphone’s stability. It brings enhancements to Caller ID for all the devices. Besides these, no new features were included reportedly. If the company adds any changes or features then you will be experiencing them while using your device.
All the updates are spinning out via OTA (Over-the-Air) in batches and it may take a few days to reach your smartphone. Nevertheless, you can follow the below steps to check the status of the update manually.
How to update?
- Navigate to Settings > Software updates
- Now, Check for updates
- Maintain at least 60% of charging before going ahead with the update
- Switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.